MPR® – Multi Purpose Reactor
Decontamination, drying and crystallisation of PET
With the help of the Multi-Purpose Reactor MPR the feed material is decontaminated, pre dried and crystallised in a single step. The result in combination with a PET extruder is an end product that fulfils the requirements for direct food contact in accordance with Categories C-G as specified by the U.S. Food and Drug Administration (FDA).
In technical terms the patented MPR technology is based on the crystallisation dryers that have proven their merits time and time again as components of the VACUREMA PET extrusion systems. Washed PET bottle flakes, ground PET flat film waste or virgin PET material can be used as feed material. Mixtures of these materials can also be processed using the MPR.
- High vacuum and high temperature for effective decontamination, drying and crystallisation of the feed material
- Bulk density increase of up to 80% for PET flakes and flat film waste
- Food-contact compliant end product according to Categories C-G of the FDA
- Possible to process feed materials with fluctuating residual moisture
- NEW! ecoSAVE reduces energy consumption by up to 10% as well as production costs and CO2 emissions as a result
- Easy to retrofit on existing PET extrusion plants
- Energy requirement less than 0.1 kWh/kg
- Compact, space-saving design
Food contact compliant end product – FDA, efsa approval requested via customers
- Food contact compliance is achieved through the decisive process parameters temperature, vacuum and dwell time.
- The processing of PET flakes is also as efficient as possible thanks to the surface to volume ratio.