Continuous melt filter for thermoplastics
Conventional melt filtering technology on the market fails to meet filtration requirements in many cases. This is all the more so if the used plastic waste is to be used to manufacture pellets in film quality. In order to fulfil these requirements, EREMA has developed a continuous high-capacity filtering system – the Laser Filter.
Laser Filter technology
- Laser technology used for ultra-fine boreholes on the filter screens
- Borehole self-cleaning effect achieved through conical shape
- Screen discs made of hardened special steel
- Scraper elements manufactured from highly wear resistant material
Laser Filter - field of application
- Filtration of plastic melts with non-melting content such as paper, wood, aluminium, copper etc.
- The service life of the system’s wear parts (screen discs and scrapers) is influenced by the type and degree of the contaminants
- Very high discharge capacity for contaminants such as paper, wood, aluminium, copper etc.
- Continuous filtration over days and weeks
- Fully automatic, constant pressure operation
- Self-cleaning filter system with rotating scraper disc to clean the screen
- Less labour required thanks to longer screen change intervals
- Simple and fast screen disc changeover
- Extremely low melt loss